Saturday, November 28, 2009

White Party and Art Basel: Oh My!


Thanksgiving week has been crazy but fun. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with friends and went home and finished my Art Basel cover story for Wire (to appear next Wednesday). Last night I went with friends (Elaine Lancaster and Frankie) to Proof Ocean Drive, a new restaurant owned by Dolphins football star Ricky Williams and my friend Floyd Raglin. The food was delish and the people were beautiful. Today I lounged a bit and biked down Ocean Drive as there are a lot of people in town. The Pool Party at the National Hotel for White Party Week was packed but I biked on by. I knew I would be facing the crowds soon enough at White Party at Vizcaya later tonight. I can't believe I'm going. I haven't been in several years since I stopped covering nightlife but it's the 25th Anniversary. I'm also going with the grand diva Elaine Lancaster who will be hosting the VIP Lounge. I'm also looking forward to seeing Kristine W tomorrow night at Noche Blanca. I can't do too much as I have to save myself for next week and all the craziness of Art Basel Miami Beach. Photo: One of the paintings of Elaine Lancaster on exhibit at iMuse during Art Basel Miami Beach.

No comments: