Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Wonderful Season of Theatre

I'm currently writing a feature about Miami's upcoming 2009-10 Performing Arts Season and it's certainly an impressive one. As a former actor, I have a great love of the theatre and feel blessed to be able to see all these productions that I miss since I no longer live in New York City. Some of the highlights of the upcoming season include the musicals Legally Blonde, RENT (several productions including one at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater with original Broadway cast members Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal and Gwen Stewart), Spring Awakening (which I can't wait to see as I love the music), In the Heights, The Color Purple and Mary Poppins (which may be campy but I'll rush to see). The GableStage at the Biltmore has a season of six Southeastern premieres. Besides the wonderful seasons from the Miami City Ballet, the Florida Opera and the New World Symphony are some musical performances from the likes of Tony Bennett, Richie Hanvens and Broadway/cabaret stars like Karen Akers and Christine Andreas. That's only a sampling of the great entertainment available.

No comments: