Sunday, January 10, 2010

Too Cold To Bike


Last night the temperature was 37 degrees in South Beach. In my 15 years living here, I don't ever remember it being that cold (at least when I was awake). I went to the opening at the Art Center of South Florida and took photos (for Miami Art Zine) of the brave people who came out for the event. We also went to the ACLU event at the Shore Club with Cynthia Nixon (from Sex in the City) but didn't see her.(she was in the Red Room where the VIP tickets were $250). There were lots of people in the lobby (all dressed in heavy coats and scarves). It was too cold to stay but we were already out so we went to see A Single Man, the new film by Tom Ford. The film was very well made and I highly recommend it. This morning I tried to bike to Lincoln Road but after two blocks turned around and came home. I didn't even make it far enough to see the temperature on the clock at Lincoln & Washington but I can tell you it's cold. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Photo: Temperature reading on the clock last night.

No comments: