Monday, July 20, 2009

Like The Old Days


Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami is over and my head is still spinning from all the craziness and crowds of fashionistas. I felt like I had stepped into a time-machine and gone back to a time where I was out every night covering an endless schedule of parties. It was five days and nights of fashion shows and fashion related events/parties. I was sitting front row at nearly 3 fashion shows a night as well as covering shows at hotels like the gorgeous new W Hotel (with $24 cocktails), the Setai, and Plunge at the Gansevoort. Despite all the craziness I found time to lounge in the pool at the Mondrian on Sunday. Today, after my two deadlines, I'm back on track and will have to do double duty at the gym to makeup for the lost five days. I'm still going through all the swag I collected from gift bags during the week and making gift bags for my friends. The Ed Hardy and True Religion shows had the best gift bags. Besides all the bags of loot, I was pampered with complimentary massages and a manicure. Most of the fashion crowd from New York have already left town so it's back to the summer grind. I'll be seeing beautiful models walking the runway in swimwear in my sleep for a while. It was a great week of fashion and bigger than ever before and I enjoyed the entire event. Photo: CIA.MARITMA fashion show at The Raleigh Hotel.

No comments: